Have you ever operated a manual car? Which steps did you follow to make its operation successful? This article highlights the various tips on how you can start a manual car, drive and stop a manual car. Let’s go on and acquire more information regarding the operation of a manual car.
How Do You Start a Manual Car?
Follow the steps below to set off your car;
- Press your vehicle’s clutch pedal to the ground using the left foot.
- Stair on the brake with the right foot.
- Free your car’s emergency brake, be certain of the position of your gear shifter; it should be in the neutral position.
- Switch the key in your car’s ignition. Your vehicle should now startup.
How Do You Drive a Manual Car?
Have you started your manual car? Do you know what you should now do to drive your car? Let’s see what you have to do. While driving your car, you need to perform various operations such as going forward, moving faster, and slowing down. Let’s how we can perform this!
Follow the steps below to make your car go forward:
- Make sure your right foot hovers over your car’s gas pedal by moving it.
- As you press your car’s gas pedal with the right foot, with time lift the left foot off the clutch.
- Get out your left foot from the clutch and keep on driving until the car’s tachometer shows that you should shift to the second gear.
The following steps are used to move a car faster:
- Get your right foot out off the gas pedal.
- Press your car’s clutch pedal to the ground with your left foot.
- Select the next gear using the car’s gear shifter. If you using the first gear, you have to choose the second gear; take the shifter to the next position.
- As you depress the car’s gas pedal with the right foot, gradually lift the left foot off the clutch; now, you should take off the clutch as soon as the car moves forward smoothly.
- Perform these steps on each gear.
How Do You Slow Down Your Car?
The following are the steps to slow down your car:
- Use your right foot to step on the brake until the tachometer reads 2000 RPM.
- While your right foot is on the brake, push the clutch pedal to the ground using the left foot.
- Move the car’s gear shifter to the next gear below.
- Move your right foot over the gas; taking time, press down on the gas pedal. The car will slow down.
How Do You Stop a Manual Car?
- Take your right foot off the gas pedal.
- Use your left foot to press the car’s clutch to the ground.
- Using your right foot, depress your car’s brake pedal.
- Ensure the gear shifter is neutral. Take foot out off the clutch. Now, wait for the car to stop.
To conclude, the above illustrations show the steps you should follow to start, drive and stop a manual car. Have you tried them? if yes, was its operation successful?