Depending on one’s emotional and material investment, break ups in any relationship normally bring setbacks of varied magnitude to both parties involved. It is however important to realize that break ups often provide the best lessons in social life and provides the parties with a better opportunity to make better choices in life and find better and more compatible partners in future. They occur due to various reasons and for whatever the reason; here are some pieces of advice on how to deal with heartbreaks.
- Accept – if you cannot change the situation, accept and find a better way of working things out. Many people stay long before deciding to accept, which is normal owing to the investment and sacrifices they may have made for such relationships. By the fact that the other party has opted out, it does not mean that you are deficient in some aspects; they would have realized such deficiencies long before committing. Maybe they wanted a piece of you which after getting, they decide is time to pull out. Such people are in plenty nowadays.
- Find a hobby-to avoid overthinking about the break up, keep yourself busy with something you are passionate about. Engage your mind and body into activities which are beneficial to avoid stress and depression. An engaged mind in a passionate activity is highly productive and helps in self-discovery which in the end brings healing.
- Don’t self- judge-many people at times blame themselves for relationship break-ups. They feel they may have done better than they offered. Such feeling may lead to depression and even suicide. Committed partners always give a chance for make-ups. Opting out is a sign of a made decision, whether you give the best or not.it takes two to tango, you can’t sustain a relationship single handedly. It requires the assistance of the other partner for success. In case that fails, it means the two failed, not one party. Appreciate yourself for trying.
- Be open but cautious-a problem shared is half solved. However, it is good to know who to share with and who to keep at bay. Opening up to some people may expose you so much to opportunist who may take such chances to emotionally exploit you and cause further emotional damage. This may be done to either a close family member or a confidant of same gender. Trusted opposite gender is nowadays had to come by. Many will always come as sheep but mutate to wolves once they consider you are prey-able.
- Be social-being social denies you that loneliness which may make you to slide back into thoughts of break up. Keep close and trusted friends to engage in chats, laughter and even physical activities. This helps you relax and appreciate new opportunities. Time being a healer, with time you find yourself free and ready to engage new and better people.
Heart breaks can also be managed through prayers for the faithful, crying for the emotionally weak( ladies) or even doing away with things( materials and activities) which may make the parties remember each other.